LONMAR Professions is the Bar Council’s Service Partner for the provision of Barristers Excess Indemnity Insurance and is also endorsed by the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund.
We place a number of facilities with a panel of leading Lloyd’s syndicates and other leading London market insurers and are able to offer Limits of Indemnity of up to GBP 147,500,000 in excess the GBP 2,500,000 provided by Bar Mutual.
Cover may be purchased individually or on a Chambers basis where significant discounts can be applied dependant on the number of Barristers purchasing cover.
Cover follows the rules of the Bar Mutual Indemnity Fund (excluding the premium, jurisdiction and the Rules governing Run-Off cover for Retired Barristers), indemnifies each Insured in respect of claims brought anywhere in the world including the United States of America and Canada and automatically extends to provide cover for:
- Breach of Data Protection Legislation
- Non Legal Services, including:
- Lecturing in or teaching law or writing books articles and reports
- Examining free of charge newspapers, periodicals, books, scripts and other publications for libel, breach of copyright, contempt of court and the like
- Communicating to or in the press or any other media
- Exercising advice on legal matters free to a friend
- In relation to a Barrister or Registered European Lawyer who is a director of a company or a trustee or governor of a charitable, benevolent or philanthropic institution or a trustee of any private trust, giving to the other directors, trustees or governors the benefit of his learning or experience on matters of general legal principle applicable to the affairs of the trust company, institution or trust
In addition to Excess Indemnity Insurance, LONMAR Professions are also able to provide quotations for the following additional classes of insurance:
- Public Liability
- Employers Liability
- Employment Practice Liability
- Directors & Officers Liability
- Chambers Contents
LONMAR Professions are a truly independent broker and currently provide a range of insurance solutions to a number of the ‘magic circle’ Barristers’ Chambers.
For a quotation please call us or visit our specialist website at www.barristerspi.co.uk